Do you know about the drama with bottled water? It could have its own reality show! It all boils down to a few facts we’ve uncovered. The advertisements and marketing efforts for bottled water companies persuade the consumer that their water is the purest of purified water. That isn’t even all of the drama…there is much, much, more. To make things easier, just look to Hague Water as your water expert.
You didn’t think we would just tell you there is drama without spilling all the beans…did you? Check out a few of the dramatic points below:
- Bottled water is a good value…Nope!
- No, not even close. The price seems reasonable and the brand is reputable. Pepsi’s Aquafina and Coco-Cola’s Dasani bottled water averages to $4.99 for a 24 pack. Research reveals that the water is nothing short of filtered tap water and it is bottled near their distribution point. On average, municipal water costs less than 1 cent per gallon.
- It’s super purified…WRONG!
- Bottle water makers are only required to undergo testing once a month where tap water is tested daily. Tap water actually contains small traces of chlorine which prevent the spread of anything harmful. Once a bottle of water is opened, it has no way of remaining sterile.
- Bottled water = more trash!
- It’s just the truth. All of the plastics bottles have to go somewhere and how many of the consumers are recycling them or throwing them away? Research has proven that bottled water produces up to 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year. Eighty percent of the bottles are not being recycled, just thrown away!
Being ‘green’ is a trend that accepts all bandwagon members. Hague Water does FREE in-home tests and we can help guide you to cleaner water, saving money and saving the planet. It’s as easy as it sounds…just give us a call!
Questions? Your local Hague Water dealer can help! Find a Dealer Near You