It’s that time of the year when we all start to get notices to conserve water. With the warmer seasons approaching we enter a time of potential drought and water scarcity. Although some regions are at higher risk for water scarcity than others, we should all take the proper precautions to conserve water. Hague Water is all about quality water and making sure we are all knowledgeable about water.
Here are a few ‘out of the box’ ways you can do your part in saving water:
- Instead of tossing out the water when cleaning fish tanks, give the water to non-edible plants. The water is nutrient rich and good for non-edible plants!
- Don’t over flow the pool and risk water being wasted with splashing.
- When doing laundry, match the size of the load to the water level to avoid using too much water.
- Wash fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water.
- To test if your toilet has a leak… place a few drops of food coloring in the tank. If the water seeps into the bowl there is a leak.
- Reuse leftover water from cooked or steamed food to make a soup!
- Aerate your lawn so that the water will reach the roots.
- Save rain water and use that water for the plants.
- Leave lawn clippings on your grass to cool the ground and hold the moisture.
These are only a few ideas to help you conserve water! Let’s all do our part in being water smart! If you are concerned about the water in your home, reach out to Hague Water Today! We offer a FREE in-home water test. We are committed to getting you and your family on a path to cleaner water
Questions? Your local Hague Water dealer can help! Find a Dealer Near You