At times it may seem difficult to conserve water, but there are plenty of quick and simple tricks to ensure you’re doing your part. By making a conscious effort to lower your water use, you’re not only helping save the environment, but also your wallet. At Hague Water, we pride ourselves on ensuring you have the highest quality water and the knowledge to go with it.
Check out these 5 easy ways you can reduce your water use:
- If you have a high-quality dishwasher, trust it and don’t pre-rinse your dishes. If your dishwasher does its job right it should remove any leftover food or grim. By skipping the pre-rinse stage it will save you from using excess water.
- Along with taking shorter showers, you can also purchase high efficient water conserving shower heads and/or attachments that conserve water. You can save gallons of water each shower by making this switch.
- Don’t leave the sink running while brushing your teeth.
- Leaks can be incredibly wasteful to your wallet and your water usage. Be proactive when it comes to leaks:
- Utilize your water meter. Check it once and then come back a couple of hours later and if there is a change you may have a leak.
- Check drains and pipes regularly for leaks. Common spots for leaks are under your sink and behind your toilet.
- If you are already aware of a leak, be sure to get a fixed right away.
- Upgrade your toilet. Older models of toilets can use up to 6 gallons of water per flush. The new federal standard for toilets in the U.S. is now 1.6 gallons per flush, meaning you could save thousands of gallons of water per person per year. (https://appliance-standards.org/product/toilets)
These are just a few of the many ways you can become more efficient and conserve water. If you are concerned about the water in your home, reach out to Hague Water Today! We offer a FREE in-home water test. We hope to hear from you soon!
Questions? Your local Hague Water dealer can help! Find a Dealer Near You